I never put my heart into making resolutions. New Year is always a bit half-arsed; I resolve year after year to try and be tidier. It never works. I maintain that my messiness is genetic and I can’t help it and it would be silly to resolve to change the basic make-up of my brain.
Women, I've had a billion gins, so I'm going to give you all the advice you need for 2014:
— Caitlin Moran (@caitlinmoran) January 1, 2014
I’ll put the full list at the end. It’s well worth reading, I promise.
Having read those, and in light of my recent personality adjustment, these are my updated guidelines for life in 2014:
1. Quality friends over quantity. Although I could use a few more in York.
2. I will write things down.
3. Vegetables are good for me. Cheese is not a vegetable.
4. Rushing things never ends well. Specifically, cakes.
5. You can always find answers in Bob Dylan or David Bowie.
6. Read more books. Books contain knowledge. Knowledge is power.
7. Remember that grumpiness is not a right.
8. Actively tackle my bike rage. Bus drivers are people too.
9. I will remember all birthdays.
Any more for any more?
PS CatMo is after the jump.